Summertime is here at The Kensington! Music offers such beautiful opportunities for not only enjoyment, but for meaningful connection with your loved one, too.
This season, I encourage you to use our playlist to create moments of joy with your family. Turn it on while outside in the sunshine together or near a sunny window. Get your daily movement in by clapping or moving to the rhythm of the music. You might also enjoy attending a live outdoor concert together.
While you listen to each song, stimulate memories and conversation together by looking at family photos from past summers and vacations. Enjoy a favorite summer treat, like watermelon, or mocktail together. While spending time together outdoors, engage all of your senses by discussing all of the sights, sounds, and feelings of nature in summertime!
Here is what The Kensington has on our Summer Playlist for You & Your Loved One:
- “Summertime” by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- “Beyond the Sea” by Bobby Darin
- “Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer” by Nat King Cole
- “In the Good Old Summertime” by Bing Crosby
- Lovely Day by Bill Withers
- “Summer Nights” From the Grease soundtrack, by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
- “On The Sunny Side of the Street” by Frank Sinatra
- “Get Happy/Happy Days Are Here Again” by Barbra Streisand & Judy Garland
- “Sunshine on My Shoulders” by John Denver
- “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash
Julia McCarren, MT-BC is a Board-Certified Music Therapist and Director of Creative Arts Therapies at our sister community Kensington Park Senior Living. Knowledgeable, talented, kind and caring, she has a passion for the power of music therapy. To learn more, reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.