Maximizing Independence, Boosting Strength & Elevating Quality of Life
The Kensington Reston is proud to partner with HealthPRO® Heritage, a regional leader in outstanding therapy services, and offer comprehensive rehab services, present wellness opportunities, and promote acute health education.
Together we provide the most current, full-service Assisted Living and Memory Care solutions to physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
In partnership with The Kensington’s own fitness, wellness, and rehab programs, specially trained HealthPRO Heritage therapists are available to provide on-site skilled services to maintain the progress achieved in therapy, and provide an ideal environment for a continuum of care.
At The Kensington Reston, we recognize that strengthening the body is only one part of a successful rehabilitation experience. So, we offer comprehensive therapeutic services that include not only a multi-disciplinary team of licensed professionals and state-of-the-art equipment.
Research shows that whole-person wellness is the key to improving quality of life and achieving successful aging.
Our all-inclusive lifestyle support is delivered in a residential setting that is infused with positivity and warmth, helps residents get stronger, heal faster, and make steady progress without overwhelming them throughout their rehabilitation journey.
- Improving or restore mobility, balance and range of motion
- Regaining strength and stability
- Adapting to changes in function and learn new ways to practice self-care skills
- Assisting with chewing or swallowing difficulties.
HealthPRO’s multidisciplinary team evaluates individual needs to develop a specially-tailored program that best fits individual needs, which may include:
- Physical Therapy helps maintain maximum mobility and restore functional ability. This form of therapy can improve mobility, balance, range of motion, and physical strength.
- Occupational Therapy is designed to help adapt to life changes and improve functional abilities. This form of therapy can provide training and guidance on self-care skills such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and grooming.
- Speech Therapy helps with all aspects of communication and memory. It can also assist with chewing and swallowing problems.
The team offers expertise in the following scenarios and are available to address:
- Post-Operative Joint Replacement
- Neurologic & Stroke Recovery
- Cardiac Care
- Pain Management
- Fall Prevention/Balance
- Memory Enhancement
- Bladder Health
- Parkinson’s Disease
The HealthPRO team values a multidimensional approach to wellness which includes:
- HealthyLiving wellness program that encompasses six dimensions to achieve optimal health in body, mind, and spirit.
- Discovery Series educational programs and clinics on special health topics to foster and promote healthy living.
- HealthyFIT private wellness program that specializes in one-on-one training to help maintain function after skilled therapy services.
- Defying Gravity and Ageless Abilities programs assist with forming robust responses to naturally occurring changes, which help residents to live their best, most independent lives, and continuing to do what they love as they age.
Whether rehab is necessary after a fall, an injury, surgery, or illness, we give our residents more time and freedom to focus on healing for as short or long a stay as needed. We are up for the challenge of addressing simple or complex recoveries and are specially equipped to address the unique difficulties caused by memory loss.
In addition to our warm staff and experts in rehabilitation care, we also provide an everchanging calendar of social activities with our life enrichment team in our Connections and Haven memory care neighborhoods.
Contact The Kensington Reston to schedule a call and speak with a dedicated team member about how we can help you and your loved one transition to a community setting, and meet their needs for optimal physical, mental, and social health with our rehabilitation team.