Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Reston? Because Our Promise is “to love and care for your family as we do our own”, and this extends to our team members too! Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve.
Starting Salary for CNA: $19/hr
Starting Salary for HHA & PCA: $17.50/hr
Schedule: Full Time Overnight (11pm-7am), Friday, Saturday & Sunday Days (7am-3pm) & Evenings (3pm-11pm)
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all times.
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair using proper transfer techniques if required. Depending on residents’ weight and physical abilities, may require the assistance of another Care Manager or the use of a mechanical lift to move the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provides assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitor hygiene continuously and assist as needed to ensure that residents and their clothing are clean.
- Assists in personal grooming of residents including brushing hair, brushing teeth, trimming fingernails and toenails, and assisting residents in dressing or undressing. Folds or hangs clean clothing items and places soiled items in hamper.
- Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as needed.
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care. May be required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinal catheter bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provide meals in room as required. Assists in delivery dining service to residents and documenting intake of nourishment as needed. Serves between meal nourishment and assist as needed. Records amount eaten as required.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or family as needed.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Documents assistance provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with seniors.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Aide Certification or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age unless certified in Virginia as a Nurse Aide.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.