The Kensington’s COVID Response
Because we care. Because we take our responsibilities seriously.
Because our residents are family… We are working continually to sustain a COVID-safe environment. We are complying with the latest recommendations and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Department of Health. Read further below on our safety measures we are taking now and plan to implement once our community opens; subject to change pursuant to latest guidelines.
- We will monitor team members for fever and symptoms of illness.
- A team member who exhibits symptoms will leave our community immediately and will resume working on-premises only when all CDC return-to-work guidelines are met.
- Team members will wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Team members will be equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as protective face shields, N95 or surgical masks, isolation gowns, and gloves.
- Team members will wash hands and use hand sanitizer routinely throughout their shift.
- We will monitor resident temperatures and oxygen levels throughout the day.
- Residents will practice social distancing protocols while dining and when engaging in life enrichment activities.
- Residents will wear masks when appropriate.
- We will remind residents to wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day and give assistance, if needed.
- New residents will be tested for COVID prior to move in. Upon move-in, residents will be required to quarantine for up to 14 days and will be re-tested for COVID
- We will follow guidelines from the Department of Health and CDC regarding visitation
- Permitted visitors will use a designated single point of entry into our building.
- We will keep our residents and their families connected with Slack, video chat, phone calls, and FaceTime sessions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All team members and residents, who are able, will wear protective masks.
- We stock and regularly monitor an inventory of protective masks, face shields, gloves and gowns for use by team members and residents.
- We will use CDC-approved disinfectants, including Clorox 360, throughout our community, in high-traffic areas and in resident apartments.
- We will use Proctor and Gamble cleaning products that have been deemed effective against COVID-19.
- Team members will retrieve deliveries outside our community and sanitize them before distribution.
- We will partner with a move management company that upholds infection control policies and procedures that are comparable to ours.
- Our team will coordinate to retrieve a resident’s furniture and belongings to sanitize it prior to entering the community
We are here to help. Please contact us today if you have more questions about The Kensington’s safety measures and our promise to keep loved ones safe.