Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Reston? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Starting Salary: $17/hr
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for washing and drying laundry, including residents’ personal garments, residents’ linens, community linens, and other laundry in a manner that will not damage either machines or contents.
- Launders resident personal linens and garments in accordance with care instructions. Ensures that all items returned to residents the same day they are received.
- Processes dining services tablecloths, napkins, and rags on a daily basis.
- Operates electric hand iron to finish dining room tablecloths, napkins, table skirts, resident laundry, etc.
- Sorts garments and contaminated linens, pre-rinses, treats and bleaches as necessary.
- Properly operates and cares for laundry equipment, maintains clean laundry work area and equipment, and reports equipment malfunctions to the Director of Environmental Services.
- Coordinates transportation, tracking, and recovery of garments, linen, and other items (i.e. draperies, slip covers, etc.) that are sent to outside laundries or dry cleaners.
- Maintains the inventory of community linens and related laundry supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as may be required to meet emergency or unusual situations.
- Participates in training and other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic operations of laundry equipment and chemical use.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in similar position is preferable.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to push 200 lbs. on a cart with casters
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.