Join one of our virtual job fairs to learn more about the Server position and other opportunities at The Kensington Reston. Click HERE to schedule an interview with someone from our team.
The Server team member is responsible for assisting with the set-up of the Assisted Living dining areas and the serving meals to Assisted Living residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes set up of the dining areas in preparation for meal periods and events including setting of tables, stocking supplies in side stands, ensuring condiments are refreshed, and carpets and furniture are clean and neatly arranged.
- Attends taste panel meetings daily with culinary staff to be briefed on descriptions of menu items and sample specials and new menu items.
- Greets residents and visitors as they are seated, provides menus, and explains any “specials” that are available.
- Takes beverage and food orders from residents and visitors and communicates them to the culinary staff. Ensures that dietary restrictions of each resident are adhered to.
- Delivers food and beverages accurately to each table. Monitors beverages and refreshes them as needed throughout the meal. Ensures that the pace of the dining experience meets the needs of the diners- not too slow or rushed.
- Stops back at tables during the meal to ensure that any additional diner needs are addressed.
- Clears dishes, glassware, and silverware as needed, transports them to the dish room, scrapes plates, and places them in designated spaces in preparation for washing.
- Communicates feedback from diners to the Dining Room Coordinator and the culinary staff.
- Assists Dining Room Coordinator with any assignments or work requests throughout the meal period. Gains approval from Dining Room Coordinator before leaving the floor.
- Participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of proper food service techniques.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.