Interested in joining The Kensington family?
To apply, please submit your resume and inquiry at the ADP link below:
The Porter is responsible for providing support to housekeepers with trash removal, and distribution of supplies and carries out heavy cleaning projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out special project cleaning as assigned including but not limited to carpet shampooing, floor scrubbing, wall washing, furniture touch up and cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and power washing of sidewalks and parking areas.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.