Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Reston? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too! Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Schedule: Full-Time, Sunday-Thursday OR Tuesday-Saturday
Salary: Starting $19/hr
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Activities Assistant shall assist the Activities Coordinator with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of activities. The program focuses on meeting the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident in the Connections neighborhood.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed enrich the lives of the Connections residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
- Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and cleans up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
- Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining history of monthly activities calendars, precautions list, and transportation logs.
- Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
- Assists the Activities Coordinator- Connections in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing homes, or adult day care is preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.