Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Reston? Because Our Promise is “to love and care for your family as we do our own”, and this extends to our team members too! Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve.
Starting Salary: $17/hr
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans resident suites as assigned and according to prescribed standards and guidelines. Weekly cleaning of resident suites include but are not limited to cleaning and disinfecting of all bath room fixtures, tile walls, and floors, dusting/ cleaning of all flat surfaces, vacuuming of carpets, and changing of bed linens.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Sets up supply cart at the end of the work shift so that it is ready for use the next day.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Knowledge of how to use common cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.