Interested in joining The Kensington family?
To apply, please submit your resume and inquiry at the ADP link below:
Kensington Senior Living is built upon two key values: a Love for Seniors and a Spirit to Serve. We want to serve alongside people who are dedicated to the mutually rewarding experience that comes from caring for others. Above all, we are looking for individuals who share these values and would like to join our team in Reston, where we promise to love and care for residents as we do our own families.
The Kensington Reston offers highly competitive pay rates, great training opportunities, health care benefits, paid-time off, AMAZING free food for each shift, a gorgeous work environment, devoted team members and owners and opportunities for your professional growth! Apply now and see what sets The Kensington apart from all others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans resident suites as assigned and according to prescribed standards and guidelines. Weekly cleaning of resident suites include but are not limited to cleaning and disinfecting of all bath room fixtures, tile walls, and floors, dusting/ cleaning of all flat surfaces, vacuuming of carpets, and changing of bed linens.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Sets up supply cart at the end of the work shift so that it is ready for use the next day.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Knowledge of how to use common cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.