Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Reston? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve.
Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Salary: starting at $16/hr
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
- Operates dishwashing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
- Tests dishwashing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
- Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
- Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
- Certified in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.