Website The Kensington Reston
The Director of Community Outreach is responsible for assessing and cultivating potential referral sources and maintaining existing relationships within the external referral network. The Director of Community Outreach also assists in any and all aspects of the sales and marketing operations to build census and prospect awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop annual and quarterly outreach and event plans based on current community needs and objectives. Attend regular reviews of progress against team and personal goals, discuss completed community outreach activities, and plan strategic outreach visits.
Cultivates and maintains a network of quality clinical and non-clinical referral sources who drive qualified traffic resulting in sales conversions to various neighborhoods at the Community.
Maintains and builds professional referral source data-base, documenting all professional contacts and ensures accurate records of all activities including appointments and lead information are maintained. Each referral sources status is continuously assessed for frequency and quality. Follows-up appropriately with all referral sources once a resident has deposited and moved-in.
Visits existing residents that have been sent to a hospital or rehab, and meets with social workers to educate them about Kensington’s on-site community services available at discharge.
Develops the special event strategy designed to expose the market place and professional referral sources to Kensington Senior Living. Facilitates and manages on site special events to be regularly held on-site at the community.
Represent Kensington Senior Living at local events, networking associations, community and corporate functions, health fairs, etc. as appropriate.
Keeps accurate inventory of all promotional items and submits requests for re-orders and new items as needed.
Assists in conducting periodic competitive reviews to better understand the marketplace, the Community’s positioning, and anticipate consumer needs and concerns.
Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
- High school or equivalent diploma required. Under graduate college degree preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct outreach visits on a continuous basis
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.