Apply to Join Our Family Below!
Why The Kensington Reston? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- Full Health Insurances
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid training & career advancement opportunities
- A community where you’re treated like family!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares medications for dispensing to residents in accordance with individual medication care records. Organizes medication carts to help ensure accuracy and efficiency during the med pass.
- Accurately administers prescribed medications, responds to changes in medical condition, medications, or other circumstances requiring special care needs. Performs first aid, if required.
- Assesses medication administration and notifies the Director of Nursing of potential problems with dispensing instructions or potential adverse drug interactions.
- Assures that all resident medication records are accurate, complete, and all mandatory forms are on file.
- Maintains inventory of required medications and ensures that expiration dates are monitored, medications are properly stored, controlled drug procedures are followed, and that expired, contaminated, or excess drugs are properly disposed of.
- Communicate with multiple levels within and outside of the organization, including, residents, families, caregivers, Wellness Nurse, and Director of Nursing.
- Assist caregivers during shifts with transfers and any other duties necessary.
- Help with activities of daily living for residents, including toileting, showering, assisting with meals, light-cleaning, and other essential daily activities.
- Assists in examinations and/or treatment of residents and carries out orders as directed by the Director of Nursing Services or his/her designee. Notifies the Director of Nursing Services of changes in the resident’s physical or mental condition.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and responds to all emergency situations.
- Completes and signs paperwork, resident care notes, and incident reports and provides follow-up as required.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Must be registered as a Medication Aide in Virginia
- Minimum of one (1) year experience, preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly and those with memory impairment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High school diploma required; college education preferred.
Kensington Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.