Apply Below to Join Our Team!
Why The Kensington Reston? Because “We Promise to Care for and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” We are seeking individuals for all departments who are eager to grow both professionally and personally, and who are driven by our core values: love for seniors, respect for each other, spirit to serve and passion for excellence.
Role & Responsibilities
The Assisted Living Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Director of Assisted Living in many of the aspects of the operation of the Assisted Living neighborhood including, but not limited to, team member training and scheduling, evaluating staff performance, ensuring that resident care service plans are carried out, and communication with families.
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the Assisted Living department. Monitor and adjust staffing levels care planning/delivery, and supply inventories to ensure the neighborhood meets labor cost, supply cost, and quality of care goals.
- Participates in the process of planning for the individual resident’s nursing care, nutrition, and activities and contributes to the resident Individual Service Plans. Attends, and at times may lead, the Individual Service Plan meetings with residents and families.
- Coordinates with the Assisted Living Activities Assistants on weekly activities calendars for Assisted Living residents. Ensures care managers’ assignments incorporate participation in activities.
- Meets individually with prospective and current residents and their families to discuss issues related to resident care, participate in activities, solve problems, and promote positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints involving care services and activities are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participates in Health Maintenance Meetings to review residents’ Individual Service Plans, notes changes in residents’ condition, and recommends changes in care plans and activities to meet resident requirements.
- Interviews makes hiring recommendations, trains, orients, supervises, and provides performance evaluation on neighborhood personnel to the Director of Assisted Living.
- Participates in the setting of departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps employees informed of changes that affect them.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge. Participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as COBRA laws.
- Minimum of three (3) years in similar position, with retirement living or home-care background preferable. Direct hands on care experience required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.