Join one of our virtual job fairs to learn more about Life Enrichment positions and other opportunities at The Kensington Reston. Click HERE to schedule an interview with someone from our team.
Job Description: Activities Assistant- Haven
The Activities Assistant- Haven shall assist the Activities Coordinator- Haven with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of activities. The program focuses on meeting the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident in the Haven neighborhood.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed enrich the lives of the Haven residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
- Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and cleans up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
- Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining history of monthly activities calendars, precautions list, and transportation logs.
- Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
- Assists the Activities Coordinator- Haven in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing homes, or adult day care is preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below, and at shoulder length.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.