Shedding Light on Depression
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Did you know that depression affects more than 19 million Americans every year, regardless of age, race, or
Did you know that depression affects more than 19 million Americans every year, regardless of age, race, or gender? Older adults are at an increased risk for experiencing depression. It is not just “having the blues” or the emotions we feel when grieving the loss of a loved one. It is a true and treatable medical condition that should not be ignored. According to the CDC, depression is NOT a normal part of growing older.
Unfortunately, symptoms of depression are often overlooked and untreated when they coincide with other medical illnesses or life events. There is a strong probability of it occurring when other physical health conditions are present.
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness and/or helplessness
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
- Insomnia, early–morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
We welcome guest speaker, Dr. Vivek Sinha, Chief Medical Officer and Co-Founder of Belleview Medical Partners, P.C. to discuss the importance of screening for depression and how he makes a diagnosis of depression in patients. Most importantly, Dr. Sinha will talk through what you should do when you or your loved one has been diagnosed with depression.
This will be an inter-active discussion with opportunities for question and answer.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time